Is your school missing something? Do you offer SEND Dance & Yoga Classes to encourage social inclusion, wellbeing and confidence building? At Synergy…
- Our goal is to inspire a lifetime of activity and create exercise habits at school.
- Our innovative SEND Dance & Yoga Classes for Students in schools are serving mainstream, as well as, the pupils with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND).
- At Synergy, no one is left behind. We provide fit for purpose and fun activities for children and young both onsite and as a digital service
- Our brand Ambassador is Will Perry, Paralympian Swimmer
Synergy Dance Clubs, Courses, PE Curriculum Support Packages, Digital Bundles of courses, Services and programmes help schools to:
- Satisfy Department of Education, Ofsted and wider accountability requirements including in relation to inclusivity and engagement in exercise
- Raise standards of achievement across your school through PE and enrichment activities
- Ensure that professional development of staff is quality assured, systematically planned and tailored to the individual needs of teachers, TAs and other school staff
- Monitor the impact of professional development to ensure lasting legacy of consistently good teaching of PE, dance and fitness
- Introduce activities specifically aimed at enabling the most able and least able pupils to achieve high standards in PE, dance, yoga and fitness
- Develop links and access to Community Sports Clubs, Leisure Centres and Facilities where pupils can be encouraged to participate in activities outside school
Our programmes: SEND Dance and yoga clubs – After school, lunch time and early morning clubs
- SEND Residentials for term block booking of dance, fitness or yoga lessons during school day
- PE Curriculum lessons
- Themed workshops for Health and Fitness weeks or Curriculum topics
- SEND holiday workshops for half term and summer holidays
- CPD Training and Masterclasses
- Specialist classes and clubs for SEND
- Dance, Zumba, Yoga and Wellbeing workshops
- School Discos and events for school fairs
- SEND Dance & Yoga Classes
- All of the above for primary and secondary schools
Why Synergy Dance® Outreach?
Our teachers are hand-picked for their SEN experience, talent and ability to inspire and engage ALL children. As a result, Synergy Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) programmes will provide those pupils with SEND the opportunity to take part in a Dance, Yoga or fitness program that can be fully accessible.
- We offer a fully inclusive health & wellbeing solution that supports & motivates new and existing pupils to be more physically active
- We turn obstacles to keeping fit, into opportunities. Most importantly, our workouts reach everyone, and we help people to feel good about exercise.
- Provide activities for participants with Disabilities, Including Visual Impairments and those who are deaf/hard of hearing, Special Educational Needs & Long-Term Health Conditions.
- All of our teachers are enhanced DBS checked and kept up to date with Safeguarding and First Aid procedures. Furthermore, we also include other specialist SEND training such as Makaton or Sign language.
- Option for a photograph of your assigned teacher prior to teaching on site, to encourage children to recognize new teachers.
- Free bespoke digital flyer to promote Synergy clubs to the school community
- Flexible approach to timetables, school visits and introductory sessions to enable pupils to adapt to new lessons.
- Seated and standing lessons and clubs to cater for all abilities, range of movement, disabilities and Long-Term Health Conditions (LTHC).
- Peer to peer encouraged with use of Makaton signing and PECS cards where applicable
- Finally, we give children an opportunity to present routines and learning for “End of Term View” to parents or Assemblies
In addition to the above, Synergy Dance® are an award winning company, as seen on Strictly Come Dancing 2021 are proud winners of:
- 2022 Winner Digital Business of the Year (Club Hub UK Awards)
- Winner Leader of the Year 2021: Rachael Hurton (Club Hub UK Awards)
- Diversity and Inclusion Award 2021 (Sport and Recreation Alliance)
- 2021 & 2022 Specialist Dance School of the Year (Innovation and Excellence Awards awarded by Corporate Live Wire).
- 2022 Winner Best Dance Outreach Programmes Provider (UK)
Synergy Reach & Schools
Synergy Dance® also provide National delivery for the PFP leisure App. In addition to, Everyone Active and partner with the Freedom Leisure chain for onsite activities. They were also featured on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing in 2021 for inclusive dance for children:
- Synergy has fifty-six schools on the books
- Our SEND experienced teachers help pupils build their fitness, confidence and to have fun.
- We are Active Surrey School Engagement partners and deliver at the Surrey School Games and Surrey Youth Games
- Synergy Dance® are approved by Acrobatic Arts
- Partner with Guildford Spectrum Leisure centre, King Alfred Leisure Centre, Woking Leisure Centre, Ash Manor Sports Centre, Charterhouse Club, Cranleigh Leisure Centre, Dorking Sports Centre, Hassocks Leisure centre and Portslade sports Centre for children’s activities, holiday workshops & parties.
- Supported by Children In Need, Save the Children, Community Foundation for Surrey, EMDUK and Sport England for their charitable work in Surrey
- We also partner with British Blind Sport, Para Dance UK, Disability Challengers, Croydon Vision, Surrey Young Carers, YMCA Reigate, Godstone & Horley and many other SEND organisations.
Just wanted to pass on thanks for the dance with the 'Rock Bottom' show. It was well performed and the choreography really helped to lift the show above the ordinary. Thank you again for all the help and expertise that you have provided for our school.Ian Knott, Ongar Place SchoolPE Curriculum Dance
What a success it was. Jenny really had thought about our request and the opening dance and closing dance, with dances about the symbols coming together so well at the final dance. Thank you so much I would not hesitate to recommend you to others.Suzanne Carson – Headmistress, Walsh Memorial SchoolIn Curriculum Dance Workshops