The Synergy Outreach Program is a multi-award-winning, Surrey based, grassroots Charity, that stands for excellence and works to address inclusion and accessibility for those marginalised by disability, long term and life limiting conditions and other disadvantage.
No matter what their ability, we want to reach all participants who will benefit from exercise. Featured on Strictly in 2021 for our inclusive dance, we are here to get everyone moving. Our Brand Ambassador is Will Perry, Paralympian Swimmer, and he has been making waves.
We were invited by the BBC to feature twice on 2021 Strictly Come Dancing with Tess and Claudia visiting our SEND classes in Guildford:
We deliver accessible, inclusive, and innovative dance, fitness, yoga, singing and wellness activities for children, teenagers, adults & seniors. Our classes appeal to all, removing the usual barriers preventing participation.
We continually innovate to stay relevant and listen to our service users. We address the fact that that disabled people are twice as likely to be inactive as non-disabled people. We ensure fun, accessible opportunities, both in-person and online. Our courses motivate and encourage regular activity that will improve long-term physical, emotional and mental health and wellbeing.
Live and On-demand Activities
We deliver onsite and On Demand Digital programmes for leisure chains, gyms, schools, local councils, care homes, corporates, charities, and trusts. We also provide activities for social prescribing for NHS link workers & GP referrals. Our workouts are all inclusive. Synergy also provides a seated & standing Rehab & Return to fitness program.
We are here to support:
· Those with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
· The disability community
· The elderly (Healthy ageing and low impact programs)
· Those with Long Term Health Conditions
· The Visually Impaired & Blind
· The Deaf community & hard of hearing.
· Children and young people
· Adults with learning disabilities
We aim to get more children & adults active and to improve their physical, mental health & wellbeing. Multi-Award winning, Synergy has won 6 National Awards including Digital Business of the Year, for diversity, inclusion, leadership and innovative digital services for all.
Our Partnerships and Collaborations
We have almost 60 partnerships including British Blind Sport, ParaDance UK, FND Hope UK and speak regularly on BBC Radio Surrey. Other examples of partners include Surrey Autism Resource centre; Bobath Centre; EMD UK; Croydon Vision; Sutton Vision; Disability Challengers ; CHD Living; The Brain Charity; Samaritans; Samson Centre for MS; Jigsaw Trust; Cherry Trees; Sight for Surrey; The National Autistic Society Children with Special Needs Foundation; Surrey Young Carers; Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity; St Joseph’s Cranleigh; Surrey Choices; Clifton Hill; Portesberry school; The Surrey Coalition of Disabled People; The Autism Trust; The Meath Epilepsy Charity/Trust; The Halow Project; Jigsaw School; RNIB; Seeability; FISH (Fun in the School Holidays); Whizz Kids; ParaDance UK; The Matrix Trust; Children in Need; Sport England; Action for Carers and Cube Disability Kids – visit us in Surrey for joint SEND workshops. We also with local councils, Guildford Spectrum Leisure Complex, Woking Leisure Centre, Ash Manor Sports Centre, Littlehampton Wave, King Alfred Leisure Centre, Portslade leisure centre and many more venues throughout the Southeast.
We are reaching local audiences in the Southeast and National audiences with our online programmes with a wide range of SEND and Long-Term Health Conditions.
· physical disabilities both congenital and acquired
· mental health issues and neurological
· conditions including spinal injuries, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, Downs Syndrome
· autistic spectrum conditions, limited communication, cancer, multiple disabilities
· hearing loss, visual impairments, dementia, arthritis, long-covid, stroke and amputation.
What we Deliver?
We deliver Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) courses in schools, leisure centres, outreach centres and care homes including:
*After-school, lunch time and early morning clubs and lessons
* Daytime and evening live and on demand courses
* Specialist workshops
* SEND dance parties
* Online pre-recorded lessons
* Online live zooms
* Activity lessons for Sensory rooms
Our action-packed classes are full of energy, fun and flair for all and encourage creativity and imagination through dance. In SEND schools, children and young people have space and freedom to grow, learn new skills, experience different dance styles, keep fit and make friends.
Who is Synergy Outreach for?
- (Boys and girls) aged 5–7 and 7–11 – Juniors
- (Boys and girls) aged 12–16 – Teens
- Adults and families – (18+, young adults, adults and seniors)
- SEND Dance and Movement (children)
- Synergy SEND Dance and Movement (adults)
- Synergy SEND Dance and Movement (adults with learning disabilities)
- Synergy SEND Dance and Movement (for seniors)
- Synergy SEND Yoga & Wellbeing for children, adults and seniors
- ParaStars Dance – Seated dance for children, teens, adults and seniors
- ParaStars Yoga – – Seated yoga for children, teens, adults and seniorsOur Digital courses can be viewed here:
Find out more about our courses here.