Synergy Dance Outreach provide both live and online delivery for primary and secondary SEND schools, covering a wide choice of services including SEND Dance & Movement, SEND Dance Fitness, SEND Musical Theatre, SEND themed workshops and SEND Yoga & Wellbeing.
Synergy also delivers seated dance, yoga and Pilates which can be hugely beneficial for motor skills, coordination and general wellbeing: ParaStars Yoga® and ParaStars Dance™ and ParaStars Pilates™. Their programmes are for wheelchair users, Those with Special Educational Needs; Those with Long Term Health Conditions; Visually impaired/Blind; Deaf community & Hard of hearing.
School clubs, classes, clubs and workshops take place before school, at lunch time, after school and during PE Curriculum periods. Synergy also delivers bespoke commissions for schools and Yoga for staff. A multi-award-winning company, they are currently supporting 104 schools and were filmed by Strictly Come Dancing in November 21 for their inclusive work with children. See: bit.ly/3OSsCdOStrictly
They have all had so much fun doing Zumba this term, and I would like to send a huge thank you to you all for being so accommodating for us. They are already looking forward to the next few weeks of Zumba.
Amy Harwood – Portesbury
Synergy Dance Supports:
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (“SEND”)
- Long Term and Life Limiting Health Conditions (“LTHC’S and LLHCs”) including physical disabilities (congenital and acquired)
- Mental health issues and neurological conditions, spinal injuries, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, Downs Syndrome
- Autistic spectrum conditions, limited communication, cancer, multiple disabilities, hearing loss, visual impairments, long-Covid, stroke, Limb loss and amputation.
Classes support a wide range of needs from learning difficulties & autism, ADHD, ASD, global development delay, MLD, ODD, Down’s Syndrome, dyspraxia and hearing loss. LTHC includes spinal injuries, limb loss, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, cancer, multiple disabilities, asthma, visually impaired/blind and hard of hearing, deaf community.
Synergy recently provided a day of workshops for Piper Hill School in Manchester for a Health and Wellbeing project. The goal was to provide enrichment for students and the project aimed at improving their students’ health and wellbeing through the arts. Synergy provided one workshop for independent students and one for structured students. The workshops were dance/drama workshops exploring identifying feelings and emotions and how to express them. Synergy ran an entire day of workshops for different groups and the day was very fulfilling for the students.
Piper Hill High School, Manchester
Summary of Specialist Classes
- Autism and ADHD and SEN
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down’s Syndrome
- Audios and descriptive lessons for the Visually Impaired and Blind
- Seated yoga (ParaStars Yoga®)
- Seated dance (ParaStars Dance™)
- Seated Pilates (ParaStars Pilates™)
- Rehab and Return to fitness courses designed for referrals and LTHCs.
- SENSORY WOKROUTS with captions and signing
- Themed workshops
- One-to-one support in schools for children with SEND via SENCO
- SEND school clubs, classes (morning clubs, lunch-time clubs, after school, PE Curriculum)
- CPD training
- Staff training programmes
- A link to four, 1-minute demonstration videos including Mainstream, SEND and seated
- Synergy Dance Demonstration
Synergy Dance Outreach provide accessible, fun activities where children feel welcome. Peer to peer support, PECs cards and signing are often used in class. Synergy also offer SEND leadership opportunities for work experience and paid work to young people with SEND. (See case studies attached).
To find out more and for our multiple case studies contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 954135
Just wanted to pass on thanks for the dance with the 'Rock Bottom' show. It was well performed and the choreography really helped to lift the show above the ordinary. Thank you again for all the help and expertise that you have provided for our school.Ian Knott, Ongar Place SchoolPE Curriculum Dance
What a success it was. Jenny really had thought about our request and the opening dance and closing dance, with dances about the symbols coming together so well at the final dance. Thank you so much I would not hesitate to recommend you to others.Suzanne Carson – Headmistress, Walsh Memorial SchoolIn Curriculum Dance Workshops