Synergy Dance® Outreach provides dance, movement, yoga, art, cookery, food and nutrition workshops and fitness classes for all ages and abilities. We are fully inclusive and offer both mainstream and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) programs.
Our fun and exciting classes, workshops and parties can be tailored to your wishes. The following packages are available:
SEND Classes & Workshops
Synergy SEND Dance and Movement™ Workshop (aged 6–12 years, 12+ and adults)
An inclusive Dance Movement class for SEND participants inspired to stimulate imaginative dance, build confidence, strengthen co-ordination and nurture a quality environment where participants can relax, make friends and be creative!
Participants will explore group and partner formations, themed movement, dance games, contact improvisation, including fun props and signage and imaginative play. We will ensure a safe and effective class to explore dance and music in a fun and upbeat atmosphere. The course will focus on developing each person’s range of movement, expanding their skill base and gaining self-confidence. Instructors are experienced in working with groups where verbal communication is limited.
Synergy SEND Dance and Movement™ – Sit and Be Fit for children, juniors, teens and adults
We provide an inclusive dance movement class for SEND participants inspired to stimulate imaginative dance, build confidence, strengthen co-ordination and nurture a quality environment where participants can relax, make friends and be creative!
Synergy SEND Dance and Movement™ (Mental Health) children and adults
Taught by specialist instructors for participants with mental health issues, we provide an inclusive dance movement class for SEND participants inspired to stimulate imaginative dance, build confidence, strengthen co-ordination and nurture a quality environment where participants can relax, make friends and be creative!
Synergy SEND Dance and Movement™ (MS/Parkinsons) Adults
Taught by specialist instructors for MS/Parkinsons, we provide an inclusive dance movement class for SEND participants inspired to stimulate imaginative dance, build confidence, strengthen co-ordination and nurture a quality environment where participants can relax, make friends and be creative!
Synergy SEND Yoga and Wellbeing™ – juniors and teens
A Synergy Yoga and Wellbeing class is the perfect pause and chance to stretch and relax. An excellent way to relieve stress, recharge and learn new skills within your range of movement. Where applicable, participants will build core stability, resistance and toning, improving posture and well-being.
Synergy SEND Art and Dance™ – juniors and teens
Participants experience art and dance in one workshop – exploring both movement and artistic expression through many different mediums such as paint, charcoal, pencil, water colour, acrylic and collage. Our trained and expert art therapist will help participants to both experience movement and fitness and art and music – these sessions also suit participants with Alzheimer’s disease.
Lunchtime SEND classes
Our 45-minute lunchtime sessions in schools target inactive children who may especially benefit from an inclusive and specialist dance and movement class. Lunchtime Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) support is available.
These sessions also provide a positive re-charge for mainstream pupils to nurture confidence, teamwork and companionship for children who would benefit from extra support. For example, we provide a positive and inclusive movement class for any children who have reported incidences of bullying in school breaks or ‘friendship exclusion’, who would benefit from additional supervision during staff break times. The ethos of our work is to celebrate and respect the fact that each person is unique.
Do you have a birthday coming up? We provide SEND dance and movement parties to celebrate a special occasion!
Come and experience a unique Synergy Dance® Outreach party and learn many different dance styles. Share the fun with your friends! Whether you want to Jive, Jump, Stamp, Wiggle, Break or Twirl . . . we have the party for you! Have lots of fun with your friends while dancing to the very latest songs and moves. You can also ‘be the DJ’ and help to choose the routines and tracks on the day!
Your party includes a birthday card, water, sweets, props (pom poms and musical instruments if applicable) and prizes. Learn new moves with your friends, play dance games and party in our freestyle ‘Mini Snow Disco’ to close the celebrations. Fancy dress or fun dance outfits encouraged!
The birthday child can choose from Street, Jazz, Break Dance, Disco with pom poms, Pop, Football Anthems™, Gangnam Style and Latin and Ballroom dance routines (such as Jive, Rock & Roll, Waltz, Salsa, Tango, Samba, Rumba, Quickstep, Paso Doble, American Smooth).
Other popular dance themes include Star Wars and light sabers, Glow in the Dark, Minions, Smurfs, Trolls, Under the Sea, Strictly Come Dancing, Beauty and the Beast, Super Heroes, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s dance, Pirates and Princesses, Fairies, Nemo, Paw Patrol, Ninjas, Country & Western, Toy Story, Ballerina, Circus and Space.
Our children’s parties are for 3–16years. Adult celebration parties also available to book!
When planning our courses, we have taken into consideration the following points:
- Sensory processing issues with loud noises – music will be played at a level suitable for all
- Simple and clear instructions, with visual supports for those with learning difficulties or who require an extra visual prompt
- Depending on the age and SEN/disability of the child or adult, classes may be split to enable better support of individual needs
- In schools: Sessions preferably to take part at the beginning of a school week to limit attending when children are more tired at the end of the week
- Sessions will take place at venues which are able to cater for car parking and access needs.
SEND Courses Summary
- Synergy Dance Outreach Mix™
- Synergy Outreach Movers and Shakers™
- Synergy Dance Outreach Fusion™
- Synergy Outreach DiscoFit™
- Synergy Outreach DiscoPump™
- Synergy Outreach Teen Aerobics™
- Synergy Outreach Junior Aerobics™
- Synergy Outreach Junior Yoga™
- Synergy Outreach Teen Yoga™
- Synergy Outreach Teen Fitness™
- Synergy Outreach Dance Acrobatics™
- Synergy Outreach Cheerleading
- Synergy Outreach Break Dance™
- Synergy Outreach Street and Hip Hop™
- Synergy Outreach Taekwondo Dance™
- Synergy Outreach Ballet Flow™
- Synergy Outreach Art and Dance™
- Synergy Outreach Wilderness™ holiday workshops
- Synergy Dance Outreach Parties™
- Synergy Dance Outreach workshops™
SEND courses for children and adults:
- Synergy SEND Movement and Dance™
- Synergy SEND Art and Dance™
- Synergy SEND Yoga and Well-being™
- Synergy Sit and Be Fit™ Classes
- Synergy Dance and Movement™ (Mental Health)
- Synergy Dance and Movement™ (MS/Parkinsons)