Synergy Dance Outreach Safeguarding Children Policy
Synergy Dance® acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and the requirements of schools, leisure centres, Home Education groups, leisure clubs and community venues.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background, all children:
- Have a positive and enjoyable experience of dance or singing at Synergy Dance® in a safe and child centred environment
- Are protected from abuse whilst participating in dance classes, workshops, school or Home Education classes, dance parties or outside of the activity
Synergy Dance® acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Synergy Dance® will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Ensure everyone recognises that all children have the right to freedom from abuse and harm. As well as understanding their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and are provided with appropriate learning opportunities
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- Appoint a Child Protection Officer (DCP) to accept specific responsibility for children’s protection, safety and well-being
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation
- Ensure all freelance instructors who are engaged with the company have up to date enhanced DBS checks in place and are aware of the child protection statement and procedures
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Synergy Dance®. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in exclusion from working with the organisation.
The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board, UK Sport and/or Home Country Sports Councils
- As a result of any other significant change or event
Parents: For more information on Child protection in Sport see: https://thecpsu.org.uk/
For a copy of our full Safeguarding policy for children and adults please email firstname.lastname@example.org